Well today I have a Housegirl Haley original recipe…and I’m not even embarrassed by this one like I was with my tuna-mac recipe. Nope, this one isn’t embarrassing at all. It even has fancy stuff in it…like pesto, and spinach and feta.
Don’t get too excited though. This is not a recipe where I tell you how to make fresh pesto. Basically I bought some pesto at the grocery store and wanted to eat it. So I went to my fridge, pulled out all the delicious things I had, and then threw them over pasta.
1 1/2 cup whole wheat penne pasta (or whatever pasta shape strikes your fancy)
1/2 cup spinach (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
diced tomatoes (either 2 roma tomatoes diced, or a drained can of diced tomatoes)
2 tbsp pesto sauce
~2 tbsp feta cheese
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1. Boil pasta according to package directions
2. Chop up spinach, green onions, and tomatoes (or drain tomatoes)
3. When pasta is ready, drain. Add all remaining ingredients: spinach, green onions, tomatoes, pesto sause, feta, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
4. Mix well over medium heat ~2-4 minutes, until all ingredients are warm.
5. Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese and EAT!
Super easy, huh? If you want to make it even more substantial you can add some shredded chicken to it. I consider this recipe to be 2 servings if that’s all you’re eating, and 4 if you are eating something on the side. Should I calculate calories? Ok fine. I will. This recipe makes 4 servings at 190 calories each. But if you are like me and eat this as your whole meal, it is 2 servings at 380 calories each. Not too shabby.