Could it be? After all these months? Haley is cooking? Alert the media! (Or at least the blog world!)
Yes. Believe it. I was chopping and mixing and cooking up a storm.
I’ve been wanting to try this recipe for quinoa salad from this video, and it seemed a good enough occasion while Aaron was here. It was kind of annoying that there was no ingredient list or instructions in the description, so here you go. (The Shaytards eat this all the time and talk about how good it is.)
Here we go.
2 cups quinoa
1/2 yellow onion
1 green pepper
1 bunch cilantro
4-5 cloves garlic
1 can corn
1 can black beans
(makes a lot)
1. Add quinoa and water to pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer until all water is absorbed. (Or you can just follow the package directions and make as little or as much as you want.)
2. Chop tomato, onion, green pepper, jalopeno, cilantro, and garlic. Mix it all in one large bowl with prepared quinoa.
3. Drain corn and rinse black beans. Add to bowl.
4. In a small bowl mix juice of 2 limes, a drizzle of olive oil, and some shakes of cumin. Mix together well and add to vegetable-quinoa mixture.
5. Eat! Hot or cold. With chips, tortillas, or just a spoon.