Seeing as it’s November and the end of the year is quickly approaching, I thought it would be a good time to look back at the goals I set for this year and see how I’ve been doing. The year started out pretty good. A lot of my goals were school based, so they had to be completed by May. Some of the others have kind of gotten pushed aside with work and fixing up my house taking up most of my time.
Here is my new updated list.
- Continue healthy meal planning and regular workout routine (before and after graduation).
- Run more often. Register for and run a 5k by Fall
- Lose ten more pounds (June 30)
Pass my praxis on the first try (Jan 14) Graduate on time with a thesis I’m proud of (May) Get a job Ilove like (May-June) Take more pictures Start a blog (post-thesis)
- Design planner project
Have my own apartment by the end of the year
1. Continue healthy meal planning and regular workout routine (before and after graduation). This one is kind of frustrating for me. I did so well before graduation and right after. I was still living in Mobile, so I was doing a lot of cooking for Aaron and going to the school gym for the free classes. I promised myself that I would join a gym when I moved back to Pensacola, but that hasn’t happened. I have tons of exercise DVDs, but those haven’t happened either. I have a lovely little kitchen that I don’t cook in.
The ok news is that the last time I checked I hadn’t gained any weight, but I sure haven’t continued losing (#3). All my clothes still fit me. I just know that I don’t feel as good or healthy as I did when I was cooking healthy meals and getting my fitness on. I think the biggest problem comes from my lunches at work. Wait no. It starts with my breakfasts. I like sleep, guys. I’ve been doing that thing where I sleep in and that leads to me skipping breakfast. Then I work through lunch so I can get off around 3:00 instead of 4:00. By the time I get off work, I’m exhausted and starving. Too hungry to wait to cook something and too tired to try to cook something. That means I’ve been eating out a lot. Not good.
My approach to this goal for the rest of the year is to start planning meals again, stop eating out so much, drink less sweet tea (it’s really getting out of hand haha), and eating more than 1 meal a day.
2. Run more often. Register for and run a 5k by Fall
Has not happened. Not registered for 5k. I am a lazy butt. I don’t even remember the last time I ran. However, I did put the runkeeper app on my new iphone. Does that count?
So what am I going to do about this? I don’t know. I guess I can look into some upcoming races. That’s at least a start. Then I need to find someone who will do it with me. Oh and maybe I should go running. THat would be a good start too. Who will do it with me?
3. Lose ten more pounds (by June 30)
Ha. The last time I talked about these goals I mentioned this was a little over eager. See #1.
4-8. Done last time I talked about this.
A few notes:
-Like my job. Not love my job. Problem here is I don’t think I like working in general. It’s just the getting up everyday monotony. Wah-Wah. I know.
-I haven’t abandoned the blog. I know it gets sparse every now and then…and growth has come to a stand still, but at least I’m still working at it! One thing I can do is read more blogs. I love doing it, but it takes time. It really inspires me and makes me want to post more though.
9. Design planner project
I still want to do this, but I haven’t started. Will it happen by the end of the year? I don’t know, but that would be a perfect time to have a new planner for the new year…
10. Have my own apartment by the end of the year.
Technically I have my own house (rented), but that’s even better. Now I’m really a house-girl and not a lives-in-the-spare-room-of-my-mom’s-house fraud.