I have another Pinterest recipe to share🙂 At this rate I may be close to making a dent in my goal for the year.
Almost One Pot Lasagna. This recipe is a winner. It’s quick. It’s delicious. And it’s actually pretty healthy. It’s so close to being a one pot dinner, but if you want to get everything going while your noodles are cooking you are going to need 2 pots.
Here’s what you need.
about 6 ounces of lasagna noodles (I used whole grain) broken into thirds
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 (14.5) oz cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup tomato sauce (I just used that whole baby can. What was I going to do with leftovers?)
1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
salt (or garlic salt)
1. break lasagna noodles into thirds, boil, drain
2. chop onion and mince garlic
3. heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat, add onions garlic and let cook until soft
4. add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings to taste
5. add noodles to pot
6. add ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses, let cook until mixture is thick
This recipe was delicious and one I will definitely make again. Here is the original recipe from the website I pinned. I omitted the mushrooms.