1. I have a goal to get through all of my practical Pinterest recipes by the end of the year. I don’t have time to make one twice. I made this twice. It’s that dang good.
2. I feel like a real chef when I make this. I mean, come on. I am legitimately roasting my own red peppers. These aren’t from a jar. Nope I’m a kitchen master. I also use my immersion blender for something other than smoothies. And to top it off it’s actually a really easy recipe.
3. Don’t freak out about the goat cheese, guys. Be cool. It’s good stuff.
2 whole red bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fat free half & half
4 oz garlic and herb goat cheese
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 lb linguine, cooked al dente
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. (holy moly yes that is hot. I was surprised my oven went that high, but it did)
2. Place peppers on baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes until peppers are charred.
3. Remove peppers from oven and cover with foil for 10 minutes.
4. That’s going to take some time, so go ahead and dice onion and mince garlic
5. Might as well get your noodles boiling too while you are at it.
8. Uncover pepper, peel off skin, remove stems and seeds. Chop up peppers.
9. Place peppers in sauce.
10. Add parmesan cheese. (The original recipe made a big deal about using fancy parmesan cheese. This is as fancy as I get. See. It says “fancy” on the bag.)11. Pour sauce in a food processor or use immersion blender to pureed sauce. If you use non-stick pots and pans, don’t be dumb like I was and use the immersion blender in the pot. It will make a scrape in the non-stick coating and ruin your pot. 😦
12. Puree until it gets to the level of smoothness you want in your sauce.
13. Add noodles and top with extra parmesan cheese and parsley.
14. Devour the deliciousness.
Thanks for reading. I found the original recipe for this pasta from here.