So I’ve taken a little break from blogging over the past few months…
But like I mentioned in my last post from forever ago, people are still reading! I think most of that is due to my burlap wreath tutorial going crazy on Pinterest. Anyway. I’m trying to get back in the swing of things. Housegirl Haley has recently gotten a few new followers, and that has made me more motivated to write and share adventures again 🙂 Thank you and welcome to all my new readers!
I figured it was time to do a little update on my yearly goals (original post):
1. Read all the books I’ve bought at Goodwill/bookstores (at least 1 a month) so I can rationalize buying a kindle. This is the one goal that I have really been on top of this year. Even though I haven’t been blogging regularly, I have been updating my booklist page as I finish my books. 14 books so far, so it’s safe to say I have met my “at least 1 a month” goal. I don’t really want a kindle anymore though. I still have the problem of coming home from the Goodwill with a huge stack of books. I just can’t help myself.
2. Make ALL the practical recipes on my Pinterest. Yeah. I’ve made like 3 recipes. It’s sad really. Time to kick this into gear.
3. Start a cleaning schedule (start off slow, like 1 day a week at a time). Also not really happening. I have started a new thing that has been keeping my house cleaner though. First off, I’m making my bed before I go to work everyday. Then, when I get home from work I try to do at least one task really quick before I settle in and get too comfy on the couch watching TV in my pajamas. If you really want insight into what a loser I am, I motivate myself by saying “Do your homework first.” When I was in high school I was very academically motivated. Everyday after I got home from school I would immediately start on my homework. My mom never had to tell me to do this. I just did it. I was a nerd. What am I saying? I’m still a nerd. Anyway, if I do one thing like clean my bathroom or put laundry away, it usually makes me feel super productive and I end up doing more. It’s not a very organized system, but it’s working for now.
4. Meal planning…do it again. Including eating breakfast before work everyday. Also not happening. Ok that’s not totally true. I did a 4 week dietbet and used my Blogilates meal plan for about 2 weeks of it. That isn’t a long term thing though. I need to link goals 2 and 4 together and get this show on the road.
5. Lose ten pounds. Not a joke this year. I did a dietbet and “lost” 5 pounds for the challenge. I say “lost” because I think my body weight naturally fluctuates about 5 pounds throughout the day. When I realized how easy it was going to be for me to “win” the dietbet (by losing 4% of my bodyweight in 4 weeks) I wasn’t very strict with myself. I also started going to the YMCA for exercise classes. I have a treadmill. It’s very nice. I bought it from my neighbor for $50 when they were having a yard sale. It was a great deal. I brag about it every time I see a treadmill for sale. Anyway. I’m working on losing weight…I have some new motivation now *wink wink.*
6. Be prepared to run Disney Princess ½ marathon in 2014. This goal is no longer valid. I had tentative plans to register to run this with my sister, but it is not going to happen due to a change in plans *wink wink* that I will update you on later. One day I will do this though.
7. Buy a saw and learn how to use it to build something cool. (Like a frame for my TV when I mount it on the wall). So this is kind of a funny story. For Valentine’s Day, Aaron and I bought supplies to build me a workbench for my garage. I still have the supplies in my garage, because that’s just how life is sometimes. Aaron had a saw. We borrowed another one. I ended up buying one. We had so many issues with these saws that I am now kind of scared of using them. One had the wrong types of blade, one had a safety guard that would get “stuck,” and the one I bought had really bad kickback. No thank you. That’s why I still have a bunch of supplies and 2 out of 3 saws still sitting in my garage. Maybe we will try again.
8. Invisalign. Straight teeth need to happen. (Start this process by the end of January…at least call and schedule a consultation). Check! Blog post on this process coming soon.
9. Complete Insanity. Haha. Nope. I’ve been thinking about doing this… Does that count? Here has been my logic with this. I’m paying to go to the gym. If I do insanity at home, then I may not go to the gym as often, and that would be a waste of money. Plus they are adding a Turbokick class at the YMCA, so I don’t want to quit going now. I need to get my crap together and just do it. I have too many excuses. I used to go to the gym and do Brazil Butt Lift in the evenings when I was in grad school.
10. New blog design. Obviously has not happened. Let’s get back on the blog train and THEN I’ll address this. 🙂
Not too good, huh? Only 1 goal crossed off! I need to get my hiney into gear.